PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 24th Aug 2015, 11:58
Rusty1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
feedback from schools in NZ

Hi guys,

Im am new in this forum, because I was always in a few different forums online. But since thinking on doing the training zero-cplh in NZ, I came and have read through pprune.
Unfortunately most of the posts are pretty old and not up to date.

Are there some experienced guys who can tell me more about the visa conditions for foreigners in NZ? I am planning to start with my training in beginning of 2016 and right now I am struggling a little bit with the decission if NZ or US, because the visa conditions in NZ are not really transparent for me. Like in the US i know I will get a 2 years visa. In NZ I know that I would get a 12month student visa, but whats then, is there an extention possible, although I am finished with the training, maybe for networking, gaining experience, hour building on my own payment if it is necessary?

Hope there are some experienced guys in the forum. Further I am already in contact with Mark from Frontier, who was the only one who gave me feedback on my enquiry, from the schools I contacted.
It seems that NZ dont wants to have any international students in this business any more because of job market overflooding in this business?

appreciate your feedback,
BR, Rusty