PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing Indonesian Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2015, 01:53
RadioSaigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@cris95123: I suggest you check Indonesian CASR Part 135 Amdt 7, Subpart O, 135.495 and 135.497. The limitations are stated there.

I would suggest that if you were rostered a 38hr airborne (not duty) week, you have a legal obligation to challenge that roster.

I know the sections I am quoting are Part 135 and the Trigana flight in question would have been under Part 121 -but I don't have a copy of 121 here to hand. The limitations will be essentially identical though.

Found it. I have bolded the relevant information. From Indonesian CASR Part 121:

Originally Posted by CASR Part 121
121.481 Flight Time Limitations and Rest Requirements: Two Pilot Crews
(a) An air carrier may schedule a pilot to fly in an airplane that has a crew of two pilots for nine hours or less during any 24 consecutive hours without a rest period during these nine hours.
SUBPART Q Q - 2
20 Mar 2002 CASR 121 Amdt. 2
(b) An air carrier may not schedule a flight crewmember and a flight crewmember may not accept an assignment for flight time in air transportation or in other commercial flying if that crewmember's total flight time in all commercial flying will exceed:
(1) 1,050 hours in any calendar year; (2) 110 hours in any calendar month; (3) 30 hours in any 7 consecutive days;
(c) An air carrier may not schedule a flight crewmember and a flight crewmember may not accept an assignment for flight time during the 24 consecutive hours preceding the scheduled completion of any flight segment without a scheduled rest period during that 24 hours of at least 9 consecutive hours of rest for 9 hours or less of scheduled flight time.

Last edited by RadioSaigon; 24th Aug 2015 at 02:03. Reason: quoted CASR Part 121