PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 23rd Aug 2015, 14:28
gypsyexpat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CALL FROM QR

I've been called 4 days ago for a position of A320 DEC but I have applied for NTR DEC B787 and passed all screening process on last feb 15, my experience is total time of 12000hrs with more than 5000 hrs on long haul flights and W/B, PIC more than 4500hr of which more than PIC 2000 on W/B but currently flying A320.
So the guy from HR on phone was really vague about expected date of join (nov or dec 15) and never tells about the fleet assignment. At the end of his talking I said to be deeply interested in joining QR but just please confirm me that we are talking about a course on B787 or B777 or any other W/B. Replay was "captain we are looking only for A320 rated DEC, are you interested?" and my replay was, "no thanks because as you notice from my application and your interview call, I applied for NTR B787, I'm not moving in the same airplane to QR". After few minute I received an unfair email (noreplay) from QR saying" We understand and respect your decision to decline our offer for the position of Non Type Rated Captain B787 | Qatar Airways" VERY FUNNY THOSE GUYS....THEY PUT YOU IN AN HOLD FOR MONTHS WITHOUT ANY NEWS AND THEY CALL YOU TO OFFER A DIFFERENT FLEET THAN YOU APPLIED FOR AND EVENTUALLY WRITING THAT YOU DECLINE THE POSITION YOU HAD APPLIED FOR BUT THEY NEVER OFFERED YOU". If reality in QR is like that, thanks God went like this.