PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2015, 06:12
abezzi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Maun is not London, Paris or New York, but let's try to play a game here...
Let's say you fly for one of the low cost carriers in Europe, or even Asia, my question is...how much is the salary for the first year? Now, can you let me know how much you will pay for an accomodation in one of the cities you will be based?
Here is Maun, you already read it, the salary on the first year can be from 9500 to 11000 pula.
Many pilots shares accomodation and the cost can be as low as 1500 pula to an high of 3000 pula.
The point is...you are living in Botswana, and you cannot compare the salary you get here with the cost of life in Europe, very simple!
Sometimes I smile when I hear new pilots saying something like " Wow this dinner costed me only 10€" or "The car fuel is xx €"
Guys if you want to came to fly in Botswana to save money and buy an house in Paris...change your ticket, but if you want to came here and fly the money you will get will be enough to live here in a decent way!
Saying that I'm the first one who would appreciate a slight increase of the salary, money are never enough!