PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe DHC8 F/O recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2015, 14:21
cgwhitemonk11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 90% thing...

To answer the question regarding the 90%. Having spoken to the pilots who run the interviews they are aware this is a nonsensical requirement but it has been set by HR with the attitude that if people with that score apply then they are obviously the best candidates. Ridiculous I know and there is an awareness of this but unfortunately it is not the pilots who select the candidates, we just turn up for the interviews. Could you get in without it, probably, especially in the current climate of being called on every single day off due to lack of crew but the reality is no one quite knows how the candidates are selected through the system, thats a HR mystery, and as you can imagine most pilots tend to stay as far away from them as possible.

Not the most helpful post I realise but thats all i've got. Regarding the singular ATO for training, again this seems a ridiculous requirement in this day and age and I would certainly apply with the plan of explaining your reasons once you got an invitation. But again I am unsure as to wether the system that screens the applicants will automatically rule you out. I fly regularly with guys on the interview panel and they honestly don't know exactly what the screening process looks for.