PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPL Holder sign Daily Inspection on MR
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2015, 05:27
Clare Prop

Received 213 Likes on 94 Posts
Yesterday was doing some flying with a stude who got an RPL at another organisation - and had been told the she was only allowed to use this licence to fly in the training area. Never mind the fact that she is "qualified" to do more than that, but had big chunks of the competency standards in the MOS not covered at all.

I asked her to interpret the MR for me and who should sign it and was told "When I was training I would do the walk-around then the instructor would then jump in and sign the MR because he was the pilot in command and that is who signs it"

I pulled out CASA Sched 5, 42ZC and E, as referenced in the red writing on the MR, the MOS etc. First time this stude had seen any of it. Whats the use of having these references if the student will answer "yes but my instructor told me..." and takes that as gospel. Does the instructor know they are telling the student the wrong information, or do they think it is gospel too, because thier instructor told them the same thing? I think I know the answer to that....

Seems some organisations are doing a GFPT and calling it an RPL.. they are NOT the same thing