PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger to Bali
Thread: Tiger to Bali
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2015, 14:37
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing is "unpossible" Defred.

It is not IATA that wields that big stick as far as I know but I think it is ICAO in conjunction with the sovereign authorities of individual countries.

IATA is more the facilitator for Airline and reseller of air services but they are not afraid to wade in with opinion.

Point is taken morno - aversion does come into play when hours have been lost some time back with very ****ty passengers when flights are not arriving or departing.

I did fly Garuda in the "bad old days" as I wanted to fly on a DC10 before they disappeared and what a terrific aeroplane! There were some interesting incidents at ADL while I was there with AN when they were flying the leased A300-600s that carried their own Jose the Engineer with them but the culture change is quite evident and long standing. However as I have proved of my own attitudes shown above, old attitudes die hard. I will not even taxi with Lion, Merpati, Express Air or any of the other internals and cringe when clients have to use them.

It might be noted that with only a few cancellations, CX, SQ, MH and QR as I am told kept operating.

We aint perfect!

Best regards

EWL