PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 down in Lagos discussion (Not condolences)
Old 17th Aug 2015, 11:32
Jimny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jimny, I am sure DB does a walk-around every flight .... he just doesn't climb up on top to re-open cowlings that have already been opened the previous day's post flight, and again in the morning and signed for by a qualified engineer
Ok fair enough, I came in a bit strong and as DB mentioned later on, I am not saying you should reopen everything again. But since I've actually seen a lot of older pilots just go straight to the pilot seat without even checking if the aircraft is still tied down I guess I'm a bit traumatised.

I have to say that I am a little baffled by some of the comments in respect of pre flight inspections. I can't work out how they relate to the accident in question.
Nobody said it did, the subject wass brought up and a small discussion arose from it.

I sincerly hope they find the cause to the accident soon.

Unfortunately I lost the link to the newspapper mentioning it but there was an article about witnesses in a nearby village seing the helicopter trying to land (or at least it seemed so to them) on roof tops before opting for ditching. Don't know how reliable the info is thou.