PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 down in Lagos discussion (Not condolences)
Old 16th Aug 2015, 09:16
tgvbhy15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIP Jay and Peter

May the souls of Jay, Peter and the 4 passengers rest in peace. This could not happened to a nicer couple of guys. They both were a huge asset for Bristow and, I'm sure, their families. Rest in peace.

It is nice to see a healthy discussion for a change without personal insults and attacks. The only fact I can say is that the only thing that is truly Bristow about Bristow Nigeria's operation is the colour scheme and company name on their helicopters. Everything else is pretty much different. They try to copy a few things here and there from what's done in the NS but even those are different. I have worked for Bristow in both places and I can tell you this is a fact. If you took away the common colour scheme and company name in all the helis (both in Nigeria and the NS) you definitely would not feel like you were flying for the same operator. Although Bristow's brochure says One Company One World, nothing is further from the truth. The way day to day operations are carried out in Nigeria is nothing like the way things are done in the NS.
Maybe they can use the "one world" bit in their brochure to join the Oneworld alliance. Maybe then I would be able to increase my FF miles and join the platinum card status!! 😃