PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2015, 17:31
migair54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course not BananasBananas, but they can see that the pool of pilots is getting empty and Emirates and Dubai is no longer what it was.

Some airlines that maybe are not better but they can offer nice roster for Captains and FO with reverse rostering and the possibility to live at home or close by, Chinese airlines give opportunity to be based in Europe and Australia, Jet Airways and Etiophian in USA and many more will do in the future.

I am a turboprop guy and obviously it will be necessary to do training and some extra help if I join Emirates, but itīs the same when we have gone from flying school to any airline, or from any plane to other, that is what training is designed for.

Some comments here are like TP guys are like cadets with 300 hours, we know how to do our job, many of us are even Captains, TRI, TRE, Inspectors, etc...

I think we are forgetting that one thing is lowering the requirements and another is accepting everyone after interview and simulator, if any turboprop guy pass the whole process it will be as valid/good as any other pilot because it is exactly the same process for all pilots going to EK.