PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2015, 12:21
chris1001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great regional airport

Don't get on here much but thought I would have my say...

Having recently flown from Liverpool and Leeds airports I have to say how proud I am of Newcastle. Nice modern, spacious terminal building with direct rail link, good selection of shops and places to eat. Love the new glitzy tiles in the duty free!

Good selection of routes too maybe lacking Munich and Milan 3 times weekly. Perfect year round opportunities for easyJet or Jet2. Just hope all the doom mongers on here are wrong and United are here to stay with sensible economy fare structure, say £450-£500 return.

I found both Liverpool and Leeds to be grotty, far too small and out to rip you off with charges for trolleys (Leeds), crazy high parking charges,(Liverpool) and cold, dirty, bus shelter type walkways to aircraft as opposed to Newcastle's impressive pier and Aspire Lounge. Well done to the team at Newcastle. Even my mate from Yorkshire commented how friendly the security team were with his kids. Just shows how one person can create a lasting impression on an airport that employs hundreds.

Oh and last wish would be for either Easy or Jet2 to give us an evening rotation to Malaga rather than flying minutes apart. That would create a bigger market. Can't understand why EZY dropped the Sunday rotation either on such a busy route, especially busy for break/golf/stag/hen weekend trips.

Keep up the great work!