PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2015, 09:25
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Tass I'll rise to it.

What credentials do you need? Should we get log books out, compare universities, club memberships, my dads in the SAS and drives the Indy 500 at weekends... come on.

For some reason very many can not get their heads around the stock price and the fundamental health of a business entity....which might include its contracts?

The stock is at 30cents... The last time I was told I was talking ****e by Double Bogey, NWS and others the stock was at what? 48cents... before that it was almost 2 bucks. What do you think that data is telling you?

Is it telling you that things are absolutely super or not? You figure it out.

Don't take my word for it, just use the skill of reading and read this:-

http://ir.chc.ca/Cache/1500065945.PD...T=&iid=4293047

Go to slide 23.It shows year ended April 2013 & April 2014. So business from April 2012 to April 2014 if you will. Now I don't know how these contracts get priced BUT one might argue credibly that without a helicopter the business entity they label "Helicopter Services" isn't going to work. i.e. You might like to include the leasing costs or depreciation on the helicopters and associated kit?

If you agree with that statement and the need to ensure that your earnings in NOK, GBP, EUR, CAD or whatever can cover your costs in USD.....then what are you left with?

Well in those two years the Net Loss totals circa $290M and I can read that the totals that come under interest debt total circa $280M. So even if you scrap all of that debt at best (even when the oil price is at an average of over $100 a barrel) CHC just about washes its face.

If you read that differently then great - lets hear it.