PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabaret time
Thread: Cabaret time
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2015, 11:23
pulse1

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
One evening, I had arranged to take a colleague up to look at his house from the air. We had to wait for the C172 to return from Jersey which it did eventually. One of the passengers on the incoming flight was one of my old instructors and he was enthusing about the wonderful conditions despite the black sky to the east, the direction of my planned flight.

The crew of the incoming flight were having a problem locking the luggage door and I told them not to worry, I would sort it out. Fifteen minutes later, the door would still not lock and it started to rain. The rain got heavier and, eventually, sheltering under the wing was not enough, we had to get into the aeroplane to keep dry. The apron was awash and I was realising how lucky I was not to be up in the air wishing I was down there.

As soon as the rain stopped, I said to my colleague that the door would lock now, and it did. We went for a pleasant evening flight wondering why that door would not lock until the rain had cleared. Perhaps it had a better sense of preservation than I did.