PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2015, 09:35
McBruce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year one take home for me was around 3.5-4k in summer, this figure has some overtime, without overtime it will be around 3k. Winters a different beast as no flying so reduce take home by upto a 1k.

Although that being said I got Canada in my first year, uplifted onto full time with back pay with the subsequent bonuses for the detachment, this boosted my take home in year one quite considerably. Year 2 once the OCC costs are off Its more comfortable especially with a bit of overtime. I'm hoping our union makes some inroads with PPY, more in the terms that numbers are limited. A maximum amount of PPYs at anyone time would be nice so it gives movement onto 100% while times are good with recruitment.

Having not done a winter yet on the PPY I probably portrait a more optimistic outlook financially. That being said its a great place to work, all longish sectors so maximum time in the seat gives good days off, it can get quite fatiguing with the variety of times we operate. If you have time on your hands with a long term plan then initially the OCC/PPY are short term pain factors, its a good move with basing up and down the UK.

Last edited by McBruce; 4th Aug 2015 at 12:13.