PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 19th Jul 2015, 06:54
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This week, the Sunnies team released their draft EBA and associated side letters. As far as I can see, the only thing that has changed in your favour is the start time for the DHA.

My claim of no extra time off and no extra protection to lifestyle: CORRECT. Nowhere in the document can I see any provision guaranteeing a pilot more than eight days off per roster (though admittedly you’ll probably get the 8 ½ you’re getting now). Nowhere can I see real protections against pilots doing three (or more) day trips.

My claim of lower DHA: CORRECT. I still can’t believe this one. When the company offered the DHA initially, their offer was $10.00/$6.50. Yes, the start time of the DHA has now become “on signing” (i.e. accepted by the FWA) instead of 1 Jan 16. But even that is now being used to pressure pilots: (“The sooner you vote YES, the sooner you get DHA”).

My claim of new FO’s being thrown under the bus: CORRECT. A new hire that doesn’t have the hours/qualifications will have a first three year base salary BELOW that of a REX FO!

I can’t describe this as anything other than A NEW LOW IN AIRLINE T&C’s

Oh that’s right. You guys were told in the roadshows not to worry, because all the current new hires will have 2000hours and ATPL to qualify for 65% salary. Won’t be much comfort to new hires that don’t have it when they get employed. It was pointed out during the roadshows that if you join without 2000 hours and an ATPL you are stuck on the lower wage scale for three years, even if you acquire those hours and an ATPL during your first three years.

All I’ve written about are the facts as I see them, and my opinion on how they were achieved.

As opposed to…

Fuel-Off who compares me with his uncle, and has a go at me about “Hysterical rants” while making some himself. Someone else who appears to have created a Prune ID simply to have a go at me. (Pity his post demonstrates zero research and understanding of the issues at play). But the best one is from IN THE SOUP, who is having a go at me for the use of IMHO! That’s your point? IMHO?

Here’s another one for you: OMFG!

You’re supposed to be an intelligent individual and either an FO or a Captain of an airliner. In a debate where adults are discussing potential financial/lifestyle changes affecting 250 odd Sunstate pilots and potentially another 250 odd Eastern pilots, your written response to an opponent is “Haters will hate…. Whatever”.

And people are talking about MY credibility!

Gentlemen, if you’re not able to discuss the issues without resorting to personal abuse (and some of the tirades here lead me to wonder whether you’re fit to fly), perhaps you should let others speak.

The Eastern team has put up some costings. Predictably, some here have rubbished them. Okay.

What are your costings? The EBA team in the roadshows (when asked) simply said that Eastern had got it wrong, and in the latest Sunstate update the Eastern costings were “wrong and biased”. But did they say why? Or did they put up their own costings to refute?

No?

No. They simply said that the Eastern costings were wrong. And that’s good enough for some here. Again, something about credibility…

Ground schools are planned for approximately every 6 weeks until the end of the year so establishment numbers will be coming back up again. There are close to 12 FO's coming across from the Classic to the 400 in BNE which will reduce the workload among the 400 FO's and more evenly balance the workload between fleets.

I don't see the mass exodus continuing unless VA/JQ hire in big numbers soon. Not everyone wants to go to Cathay.

Plenty still taking call ins from where I'm sitting. Many ringing up crewing the day before looking for a bit of extra coin while they can and getting a shift more often than not.
Going Nowhere, all well and good, but all you’ve got to do is look at the Cairns establishment numbers to know how hard the company wants to work you, and what the “new normal” is going to be regarding Flight/Duty hours.

Make an INFORMED decision...
By all means, just don’t come crying on here when you’re flying 20 days out of 28, have more than 10 overnights per roster, etc, all for a little more money. And when you’ve got a “low hour” FO next to you doing the same for less than $65k base pay, remember to tell him/her that you voted for their conditions.

DIVOSH!