PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH17 down near Donetsk
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2015, 12:13
LLuCCiFeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Lena.Kiev

It's easy to say in hindsight.
Well, that's a bit easy isn't it? After all, the Ukrainians could have realized that after the downing of The Siberian Airlines Flight 1812, a mistake can easily be made with very grave consequences.

With your very simplistic logic one could also argue that "it's easy to say in hindsight" that the BUK crew made a catastrophic mistake that fatal day in Julie 2014? So that's it? We just forget about it then? When the pro-Russian separatists "in hindsight" make a mistake then this should, rightfully so, be dealt with in the harshest possible manner, but if the Ukrainian authorities plays with the lives of hundreds of innocent passengers sitting in a 777 at FL330 over a zone of conflict with all sorts of weaponry being supplied by Russia and alleged Russian troop movements across the border, then this is "easy to say in hindsight" and brushed under the carpet?!

Once again, I'm absolutely not defending the BUK crew who most probably shot down MH17, but I'm also not seeing the Ukrainians as being the only "good guys" in this MH17 tragedy for keeping the airspace >32000 feet open in order to use civil jetliners as human shields for their military air force operations below.

I'm sick and tired of the one-sided reporting and the enormous double standard, especially since we're dealing with flight safety here, and not with politics!