PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Maritime Patrol Aircraft - An Urgent Requirement
Old 15th Jul 2015, 22:48
Party Animal

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
LJ,

No bullsh1t and troll coments from me but just a note to point out that the MR2 was doing the overland ISR bit from immediatly post 9/11 until Reaper came online much later. A gap of several years, as you will know. Were you in PJHQ asking such questions in 2001? And as a kipper mate going back to 1985, I am intrigued as to who was falling over themselves to get the MR2 involved in overland ISR and when?

Please PM me with names if your allegations have substance. Note that I have no adverse comments on Reaper performance - just that it didn't exist before 2007. I was also a key MRA4 bloke in 2 Gp before the death knell and fail to remember some of your comments such as 'the company wants to accept the MRA4 into service without a sonobuoy clearance'. And, Critical flying controls at the rear of the bomb bay - seriously?? Mate, as an aviator, what critical flying controls do you expect to find at the rear of a bomb bay??