PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To return to aviation or not....?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2015, 17:47
jamie230985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To return to aviation or not....?

I'm looking for a little advice really, I completed a JAA fATPL 6 years ago and added my FI rating shortly after. I then became an instructor and racked up approx. 600 hours in my first 8 months. I then took a role in the US as a CPL FI but unfortunately due to the recession the job never materialised and I ended up out of work. At that time I took a 12 month contract in Medical Sales to pay off some of the flying debts and have since ended up staying in this industry for the last 5 years progressing through the ranks now to a National Sales Manager position which comes with a comfortable salary and good bonus potential.

My passion is still aviation and I still watch the big boys on approach to MAN longing to be up there but I fear that going back to aviation would result in a significant pay cut for me initially which is difficult to accept... I'm looking for advice on whether to follow the head and keep the earning going where I am or follow the heart and throw myself back into flying... thoughts?