PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War in Australia (any Oz Politics): the Original
Old 8th Jul 2015, 09:53
RJM

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten failed to declare a political donation of about $40,000 from labour hire company Unibilt he received in the lead up to the 2007 election campaign.

In his much anticipated appearance before the royal commission into trade unions on Wednesday, Mr Shorten admitted the donation was only declared to the Australian Electoral Commission in recent days.

- Sydney Morning Herald 8/7/15
NSW Liberal premier Barry O'Farrell fails to declare the gift of a bottle of Grange Hermitage wine. He resigns.

Worse, Shorten won't answer questions. He's at the 'I was unaware/wasn't told' stage, but soon he'll have to move on to 'I don't recall'. After that, it's 'I deny any wrongdoing' and finally, 'I'm too ill to go on'. There seems little hope of 'I'm resigning to spend more time with my family'; I think Bill likes power too much.

The dirty cash must be flowing through the ALP and the union movement like a river of gold. Just dip your bucket in and take what you want.