PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2015, 15:08
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
I was reading in an old article in the Daily Mail that the rotating weapon bays are unable to carry the full specified load, indeed, only half that specified?

This is on the B variant again. Altogether, I've never heard of such an awful predicament in terms of defence procurement. Firstly, the country's broke and daren't spread the misery of belt tightening evenly (i.e. NHS, Overseas Pocket Money) so defence spending will face more financial surgery to remove a vital organ or two. Secondly, We're only hanging on to the Carriers (not criticism per se) because it would cost more money to have gotten rid. Thirdly, the damn things have been designed so that the only fixed wing beast that can operate from them is the F-35B! Fourthly, F-35B is the runt of the litter. Fifthly, The F-35 project has proved to be the very inverse and opposite of what it was intended to address in terms of various allied countries economies and future air defence requirements, a financial disaster and a complete disappointment as an asset....

So I gather!?!?!?!?!

FB