PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Met Office Aviation Access
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2015, 14:02
TheEnthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also tried it and sent my feedback to Met Office. They confirmed that, as of yet, there is no way to see all TAFs for a given region on screen at the same time on the new system, and therefore no easy way to print off a list of TAFs relevant to a flight. I would really miss this feature.

BUT Met Office did reply promptly and sounded like they understand this is a big problem and are working on things. Hopefully it will be fixed, but if other people also want this feature to be there then perhaps you could also send them some feedback? They do seem responsive

Looking on the bright side, they have obviously built a new system which allows per-user preferences to be stored. At the moment this is only noticeable in the 'Recent Locations' feature - not very helpful in itself. However if they could be persuaded to extend this to allow us to configure customised lists of airfields for common routes we each use then it would actually be really useful. Combined with the ability to show multiple TAFs on screen this would mean I could quickly see a page with all TAFs relevant to me; rather than having to see all of the TAFs over a much larger region than the one I'm flying in, like we currently do in the old system. If anyone else thinks that sounds good then maybe you could also tell them?