PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 23rd Jun 2015, 17:54
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still find it utterly astonishing that the working hours and conditions of a whole industry can be changed, apparently to the detriment of the workers, without any input from the same said workers. Astonishing. Equally without any meaningful opposition from the same said workers. Jack Jones & Arthur Scargill and numerous other union leaders would be shocked to the core.
The FTL's have become worse for flight crew, both pilots & cabin crew. However, if I understand correctly, the ground based links in the chain, i.e. office staff, ATC, engineers, even the XAA staff themselves have, enjoyed improved workers' rights under EU legislation. The general melee of pax, who are normal ground based workers, have also enjoyed the fruits of EU workers' rights. Why have the few donkeys inside the shiny aluminium tubes suffered so that the many can prosper? Can some of our erstwhile politicians and safety law-makers enlighten us as to the logic of this? And where was ECA while all this was happening?