PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 22nd Jun 2015, 16:13
Right Engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clunk1001
Playing devils advocate - but you guys are limited to around 900 hours per year?

Many people in demanding jobs will do 900 hours in 3 or 4 months! plus commute! With earlier starts, and later finishes, and possibly for less money. I know 'cos im one of them.

And dont give me the about "responsibility for the lives of bla bla bla" - you are just paid to drive the safest form of transport on the planet!

So, you work half the hours as the rest of us, you are "officially" the highest paid profession in the country, and we keep hearing that you 'do it for the love of flying'.

And you wonder why nobody pays attention to you whining?

:-)
Flying Hours = Time a/c leaves gate to when it parks at destination. In my role, I am at work for about 2-3 times more than the hours I fly. This is known as 'duty' (but in reality I am at work around 1 hour per day more than I am on duty)

I work around a 50 hour week on average. Mr Clunk. I appreciate your anger, but I hope that clarifies.