PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Maritime Patrol Aircraft - An Urgent Requirement
Old 22nd Jun 2015, 13:00
andyy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BS

Many thanks for your kind and very helpful post above, I appreciate your advice, particularly in spelling. Lazy keyboard use, sorry. I'm sure that we have all made similar mistakes at some point, including you.

Not a troll. I served 20 years in the FAA, surface fleet and Joint environments but that was a while ago.

I'm still interested in learning and my comments reflect numerous published articles and forum posts expressing concern about the P8s abilities but I appreciate that all aircraft are a compromise in some areas. I understand your point about the cross sectional area of the engines, but if it was me on long endurance sorties over the sea, including some aspects of the mission at low level, I would rather have 4 engines than 2 for the sake of redundancy.

Now you clearly have vastly superior knowledge than the rest of us so how about I give you a bit of advice, if you don't mind, & in the spirit that you gave me advice; use that knowledge to educate, help and train the rest of the interested population rather than typing arrogant, aggressive and rude posts, there's a good chap.
Cheers

Last edited by andyy; 22nd Jun 2015 at 17:09.