PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2015, 16:53
26500lbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new contracts mentioned are all generally small scale shorter term contracts if I understand correctly. Bill enforced a policy of a minimum profit margin on all contracts worldwide which was to say the least ambitious. It was also considerably higher than most of the competition. Furthermore they decided to set the main focus on large customers. Now the big customers are cutting and naive loyalty to single customers at the expense of smaller ones is coming back to bite. This lack of flexibility at local levels went against all the best advice. I never thought I would see the day when CHC Helikopter Service in Norway would be firing a large number of pilots. I can only assume Statoil have dumped chc as preferred bidder as a result of dissatisfaction with Dallas. For decades HS has been the main player in Norway. How is it possible to lose this foothold in what was and still is one of the few really profitable markets? 30+ pilots is very considerable percentage. No matter what restructuring Karl has in place, if the main customers have already shopped elsewhere then is it too late? Has chc really lost Statoil? Surely chc cannot afford to lose Norway. There are still new large fields being developed and new contracts on the horizon. This cannot be solely an oil crisis issue. There is far more toa this than meets the eye.