PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2015, 15:21
James331

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hehe PiP, so then it is on personality

James~ I'm sorry buddy, you don't know what you are talking about. If an older guy with a few thousand hours is looking at coming to Maun then it is generally a lifestyle choice.
Most companies would welcome him aboard if he fits the mold as they generally aren't in a hurry to leave to the big shiny jet.

I don't know why you keep arguing that you were well liked when people who are in country that knew you, or knew of you, are telling you that you don't know jack.
You have had your time in Africa. It wasn't for you.
I suggest that if you don't have any constructive advice to give in helping people get that elusive first job, that you then leave this forum.

@Magicmick, I wouldn't put too much faith in what Sue Smart had to say on a TV show, or the wilderness lady... memory failing me... Penelope?
A lot of that was for the cameras.
Just stating facts, facts which others have agreed with.

Going to a low time pilot place with high time pilot hours is asking for a pain in the arse, and goes against the mold.

I just see some dude in more or less the same position I was in and offered some advice.

Loose some hours, play it down and he will have a much easier time getting a job, the low time pilots will take to him much easier, life will be smoother, just what I saw first hand when I was in the position he is thinking about putting himself in.

"keep arguing that you were well liked" lol. Where did we meet, and how on earth do you know where and with whom I spent my time?