PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ
Thread: Jetstar NZ
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2015, 07:30
outboundjetsetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar base locations.? and won't there be an over supply of turbo props in NZ?

sounds good i think .. any real competition can only be a good thing and they have some pockets to fund it.. Would be great if they had a base in a nice sunny town like Nelson/Napier/Gissy..tauranga etc i think many pilots and crews would appreciate living in such towns where rents and houses are more affordable they would do well with happy crews, a bit of surf and sun.. and much better lifestyles than living in other main cites such as AKL/CHCH where know one on a turbo prop wage can afford decent housing these days!.. Jetstar could probably negotiate better terms to base aircraft in a smaller town than leaving them on the tarmac in AKL too? .. on another note..

In Paris this week Mt cook placed more orders on the ATR 600 so within a couple of years will have about 25 ATRs...
Air Nelson have about 23 dash 8's..., maybe kiwi regional will have 3/4 saab 340's?
with eagle phasing out, and jet stars 5 dash 8's + the odd Convair/metro operating with air Chathams, i reckon there will be around 60+ turbo prop aircraft with 50 or more seats operating scheduled regular public transport flights in NZ within 2-3 years..is it sustainable? or will this end in someone once again being squeezed out undercut and going belly up to the shock and surprise of many?