PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - skydemon
Thread: skydemon
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2015, 09:58
Rabbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything that can help me from being "uncertain of my position" to me is well worth it.

I use Sky Demon for the planning on my PC (easy to drag and drop) helps with ensuring you dont cross anything you shouldnt cross (NOTAMs are visible on a map within the application and also the wind etc). I then upload the route to the cloud and sync to my Android phone.

Print the frequencies and PLOG and route all out of Skydemon -

I also plot the route on the map and use the map to navigate, cross referencing with Skydemon. Where Skydemon ca come into its own is if you are tracking close to any restricted airspace it can confirm that you are not drifting off track.

Be warned there will be times where your phone reboots, GPS signal mysteriously dissapears or the suns so bright you cant see the screen. So for VFR it makes sense to me to use an app. I've used various apps and have settled with Skydemon as the best supported and easiest to use (I dont work for them nor have shares

On IPAD and Android it works perfectly and has been well developed in the last year or so. I think you can use it free at least for a while so you should try it out on your phone/tablet.