PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTOT -5 at LGW
Thread: CTOT -5 at LGW
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2015, 12:04
Sky Wave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I realise it's impossible to know the plan but it seems that regardless of how early we get to the hold point we'll still wait for our CTOT if any other unrestricted aircraft is ready. The average seems to be arrive at M1 or J7 around CTOT -10 and then wait until CTOT for line up clearance even if you've been remote holding for the past 30 minutes.

It's not a problem and I'm not criticising, I just wondered if it was a new policy or if it's considered "professional excellence" to get aircraft away exactly on CTOT.

If you're LGW based, come and visit us....
I've been up a couple times before, it's a bit more difficult these days because the company won't pay for the bus when we're on airport standby. It will probably have to be a case of visiting after work one day but no idea how I'd get out to you.

there are some airlines I'll very rarely try to depart in a tight gap because I know they'll be slower to roll than others even when told to be ready for immediate
Hope it's not us with the orange bandanas! If it is then all I can say is we have more than our fair share of training flights and lower experienced FO's.

Cheers SW