PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2015, 04:19
K.O.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi abezzi,

I am of the opinion that public forums ARE the place for pilots to discuss the regulations that allow/or preclude them from accepting/applying for a potential flight position.

I have been looking for about 3 days now, typing in various key words into google like "work permit botswana pilot minimum requirements hours 500 flight time maun charter validation conversion" etc to have my question answered. The CAAB site is not user friendly. The Labour Ministry website is, but i still haven't located the document/regulation I am looking for.

As far as i've read, validation is possible at all times, conversion is only completed after 500hrs in A2 reg a/c, but still no joy on the actual piece of paper on it that says:

"If you don't have at least 500 hours TT, don't bother coming to Maun to look for a job because we won't give you a work permit. With love, The CAAB".

I would also like to ask about the apparent duality of this particular requirement. In previous posts it appears that tenacity, presistance, drive, attitude, hard work, and sticking it out in the summer heat of Maun for 3 months that wins you a job or two, not TT.

Can i assume that this has M.O. has changed entirely then? Now the CAAB/Charter operators (Mack, Wilderness, Moremi, etc) want the req TT and put attitude on the second shelf?