PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK P8 Poseidon
Thread: UK P8 Poseidon
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2015, 19:25
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How likely is it, really?

All week leaks have been coming out of No10 and elsewhere about the depth and scale of budget cuts to the various ministries, this year, I've heard 12 billion for DPS or whatever it now, and more and more. Is there to be an SDR (again) this year>? Its a utter shambles. No money. Unrealistic
In simple terms, what will be this aircrafts primary role? Motive. (Don't tell me they know what they are actually doing)
Is there another thread running about where it will be based? Someone confidently said Yeovilton, another said Culdrose as a base....find this hard to fathom or understand..in a way.Logistical
So if above true.. the Navy runs it then?Also, I guessing Govt. is about to wash out Scotland and base the bombers out of Plymouth in the future instead? If the nuclear deterrent has a future.Political
#Its a good press story, which is what it is - a fairy story man. Page Filler
Plus PM will have to admit he ****** up in 2010 and that is something they never do. Political/Psychological

But I admit it would be a political winner, in some ways. And a state splitter response by HMG.