PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 6th Jun 2015, 06:50
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the saga continues.

According to the latest updates:

For the Eastern Pilots, management (not surprisingly) said that they’d give us “what Sunstate agreed to”. Thanks for nothing, Sunstate rep(s)!

The Sunstate 15th of May announcement was “All good, just needs to be drafted”. But there appears to be some back-pedalling, because yesterday’s announcement was “We’ve got some serious issues to resolve before we’re happy".

Word on the street is that the Sunstate rep who’s responsible for this debacle went back to his home base. While there, some of his compadres (i.e. Senior Q400 Captains) told him in no uncertain terms what they thought of the “In principal” agreement and that they’d be voting NO! Hence the change...

A big Thank you to the Sunstate PILOTS!

It appears (to me) that the majority of the Sunstate PILOTS have better vision than certain member(s) of the EBA team who are supposed to be representing them.

So well done to the Sunstate pilots who told the EBA team they’d better go back to the table.

And here’s the truth: NOBODY wants a “NO” result.

The pilots don't, the EBA teams don't, the union doesn't, nor does the company.

The pilots want a good result the first time, without threat to their back-pay, threats of PIA, etc.

The EBA teams want to get back to their normal lives after delivering a good EBA to the pilots.

Union membership could suffer: Pilots won’t see that the “in principal” agreement was made by their own reps; they’ll blame the union. It wouldn’t surprise me if AIPA got a round of interest from disillusioned Sunstate pilots due to this "in principal" agreement.

(And while we’re talking about AIPA: How often do we hear calls for the unions to work closer together? Why would AIPA even consider working closer with another union when one sub-committee within that union actively tries to undercut another one?)

Qantas has had two humiliating (for Qantas) NO votes in Pilot EBA’s recently; both of which got vastly improved results for pilot T’s and C’s. IMHO, it’s unlikely they’ll suffer a third such humiliation. Far more likely there’d be a Virgin type result where pilots were worse off after their “NO” vote.

The Eastern team has stated to management that they won’t leave the room until they have an agreement that they believe that the pilots will vote up.

Here’s my top tip for the Sunstate reps: Make your peace with the Eastern reps, and WORK WITH THEM to achieve an outcome that benefits ALL Qlink pilots!

DIVOSH!