PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2015, 05:19
fearcampaign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oncebitten,

Please read my earlier posts. I'm sorry you have trouble understanding me so I'll make it clear.

I'm not arguing for A380/747 pay for the 787, nor the same overtime triggers that crews currently get on a DFW.

The proposed deal gives you zero hours.

I'm suggesting a mid point be achieved where you get some compensation for Ultra Long Haul routes.

You would NOT get the huge multipliers as you do now(your piggy in the trough scenario)

You'd still have incentive to fly these routes, it just would not be as exorbitant.

If the new type has PSN, then no one will snout desirable trips exclusively anyway!

Thats what a compromise deal is. Pilots still get some incentive and the company makes a saving and gets a unit cost reduction too.

However the current deal wipes it to zero. That's poor negotiating.

The removal of night credits mean that pilots effectively do another one to two 4-5 day trips a roster for free.

Night credits are not a monetary payment but a duty credit that acknowledges the fatigue associated with back of the clock operations.

Thankfully they are still there for 2/3 pilot ops, although sadly reduced.

Look at the low levels of sick leave on overtime patterns.
Watch that change if the rate is zero. That's Qantas problem so perhaps AIPA may have a position to change this once the company works out it's costing them more than a few hours overtime.

We are in agreement on the PSN proposition, but for existing fleets, that is separate from this EA.

If it is a 60% threshold in rank, on type, then it is a fair and democratic process. Other hauls and fleets can pontificate what should happen, however, thankfully it's down to the people to decide on that fleet/rank.