PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Support for the military?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2015, 01:38
Bob Viking

Received 518 Likes on 145 Posts
Support for the military?

So let me get this straight. On this forum we regularly hear from the grumpy old buggers about how we should bin the Red Arrows because they cost too much. Now we are treated to the 'where have all the military air shows' gone diatribe. Which would clearly cost money to organise.

So which is it to be. Spend portions of the meagre defence budget on impressing the public in the best way we can afford and inspiring the next generation or spend more on body armour? As we are constantly reminded on here you can't have both.

The Reds reach out to far more people than a localised airshow so maybe the current solution is the best compromise.

Finally, for the love of Jesus H Christ can we please all stop complaining about how small the forces have become. Times change. We need to move on and accept it. Despite what the aforementioned grumpy old buggers believe we still have a top rate military. It's not as big as we'd like but that's life. It is disrespectful to today's crop to keep complaining about it.

Wow. What crawled up my arse on this fine summers evening?! Maybe I need another beer.

BV