PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2015, 15:47
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AUSTRIAN

Very good news for me (I think) connection wise, as I'm generally moving back to *A having fallen out with AF/KL - or more specifically Terminal 3.

I can see myself on this....although the timings look a little suspect. They smack more of a point to point schedule.
I was in VIE only a couple of weeks ago and had to go through FRA, which was a pain. There were two other (business) people in the security line at FRA behind me doing the same MAN-VIE trip.
Again though, I don't think this is going to be a biz friendly schedule. We'll see what it's like for connections.

OS is my favourite *A airline - a nice, friendly relaxed vibe about it and they are as efficient as LH or LX. VIE itself is not as great for the transit experience as it used to be before the new mega terminal addition but it still beats FRA or MUC hands down.

And for those who don't like being bussed to the gate, this is not for you. You WILL be bussed to your F100 aircraft parked out on the ramp.

For those that haven't been to Vienna for the tourist thing, it's a fabulous city but be prepared to be overwhelmed by huge Chinese tourist people juggernauts sweeping all before them. Also from Vienna Airport it's almost as quick to get to Bratislava (45 mins or so by bus) also worth visiting. You can easily do both in a short visit