PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circuit Procedures
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2015, 12:55
Dont Hang Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
..seems to me that it is satisfying after takeoff to climb out at max power....if you have power to spare! Except they have these daft rules in the Uk of the overhead join! so just when my Supercub 150 is reaching circuit height when halfway along the runway heading, I remember that o dear me, there may be some numptie doing the overhead join and we will meet and make a mess on the runway....So nose down and behave, Mary! and sure enough, the other guy tools across just overhead...
Sorry but I have to disagree about the overhead join. It is a recognised manouevre that is more or less essential for a non-radio join, but is also efficient and disciplined no-matter what equipment you have. It is also the place where there should be minimum traffic so long as one has taken the trouble to check the field is not active for parachute jumping or the like.

And while it remains a recognised joining manouevre, then if you happen to meet someone coming up the way in a super-performing sports job then I am not quite sure who counts as the numptie.