PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 22nd May 2015, 06:03
Oktas8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a great wage if your a GA driver coming in from a turbine command job ( if its that bad DON'T take the job) , but if your a cadet straight out of Uni its not a bad start in your career.
I think you may be a little out of touch Captain. I took a pay cut coming from a flying school, never mind a turbine job! But my eyes were open, so I don't complain.

I am glad though that not many Eastern pilots felt that my wage should be reduced along with ex-cadets' wages. It's hard enough paying a family's bills in Sydney without senior captains suggesting I'm paid enough and don't deserve any more - just because some of my colleagues are straight from flying school.

(Edit: Captain Stoobing, you're making sensible & un-emotional posts, which is commendable. If you could show that no 2016 FO would be worse off in the hip pocket under the new proposal, you would perhaps be closer to achieving the goal of your Pilots' Council.)

Last edited by Oktas8; 22nd May 2015 at 06:57.