PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you know how this can happen?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2015, 07:32
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
TwoT,

Will always prefer the Dassault, the only bad thing about it was I couldn't stand up properly to pee

Back on message, I'm not moaning about the 10 minutes, thats not the issue, ATC delays are a fact of life, yep we deal with it. Giving 5 minutes notice of a 10 minute delay after knowing where we are going to be at what time, for the last 7 hours, thats just dumbass.

Or is that unreasonable?

Le Pin, but in the same breath what is a 10 minute delay 200 miles out based on? that 10 minutes represents 80-90nm for me, as you say reality? well where does 10 minutes come from? is it a contrived number? is it a standard delay? Does traffic magically appear at international airports? Don't you get a little advance warning of filed flights?
The point I'm making is that as a SERVICE provider, ASA are super quick at pointing out our deficiencies, yet when something as nonsensical or something as having the appeareance of being nonsensical is implemented etc etc and gets questioned, it appears too fall into the "too hard", or we have the "big picture you dont" basket. Even places like Mumbai and Delhi give you a better idea and a damn sight more notice of delays.

Last edited by haughtney1; 19th May 2015 at 07:53.