PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Karen Casey wins court case.
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2015, 13:11
slats11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The judgement appears to be in the public domain. You can search for it at the following link
Judgments - Supreme Court New South Wales

I presume it can be published here, and the media have quoted some extracts. . However there is a legal disclaimer at the bottom, so it might be better for interested people to search for it themselves.

DISCLAIMER - Every effort has been made to comply with suppression orders or statutory provisions prohibiting publication that may apply to this judgment or decision. The onus remains on any person using material in the judgment or decision to ensure that the intended use of that material does not breach any such order or provision. Further enquiries may be directed to the Registry of the Court or Tribunal in which it was generated.

It reads to me that the judge found that PTSD is compensable if it is a consequence of a physical injury to the body or brain. Pure PTSD per se may not be compensable, as per the intent of the Montreal Convention. So I’m not sure this is the landmark case that some are suggesting - it may be this was a fairy unusual case which permitted some specific findings.

Anyway, congratulations Karen.