PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 15th May 2015, 22:42
foswillruletheworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southpole
I definetely back you up on the subject. The reason what i told was as an answer to "we used to apply and wait for many years, and now it is like guys are waiting for airline companies to find them"
As i was telling about the basics of supply and demand.
However not notifying people when to start is very wrong in my opinion. However i do know a couple of things as, 787s were sold to some other company instead of to be brought to Qatar. So the new ones will come with the bunks. And the other reason is, there are not enough instructors and examiners to train people who will be recruited. So they need to train new instructors and examiners first, then they can start recruiting people after ensuring that they have enough resources to give an unbroken and continuous training.
My heart with all the captains looking to be joining Qatar.
My realistic humble suggestion for the pool captains is that; forget you have applied Qatar and continue with what you are doing. If you are available when Qatar calls you, then go. If not, then follow your own path.