PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 12th May 2015, 20:01
CoffmanStarter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Many thanks Gents ...

If I may ... I'd like to summarise to help my basic understanding so far ... Please correct me if I'm wrong. So the Herc's CoG is defined with reference to the MAC. I therefore assume that there must be related Datum(s) from which the Loadmaster can undertake the necessary W&B calcs ... I presume there are both Horizontal and Vertical Datums which will be 'marked up' in the Cargo Hold ?

The first step in the process would then appear to be the toting up of the AUW to ensure TOW doesn't exceed prescribed Limits. Presumably some adjustments will need to made for Load Moments prior to plotting on what I understand is a Trim Graph ... Which graphically confirms (or otherwise) that the CoG remains within the prescribed Envelope ?

I wonder if anyone has an example Load/Tim Sheet they could share ... it would certainly help me.

I can appreciate the importance of actively monitoring Trim movements during Tanking ... and all done manually

AA62 ... I must admit that when we first covered the ULLA technique the prospect of a 'marked' nose up pitch movement crossed my mind

This is truly an interesting topic ... for me at least

Coff.