PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 10th May 2015, 08:02
porkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah good idea..so for the rest of the previous and following month you will be a zombie...with only 8 days off in 52 days. The system is deeply sick and simply expat unfriendly.
Kirk...I understand you are involved but when your term of comparison are local guys that went to military high school cause their families could not afford an education, join the air force to get paid pennies and then come to THY where their only interest is money you already have a issue. If you add to that many do not speak a word of English ( but have level 6 is their license) are brainwashed and do not really understand that flying an airliner is not a " mission" you have a substantial issue. If you add to that civilian pilots were treated for decades like **** and suffered immensely in the past just to become like their torturer the issue get bigger. If you consider that the word CRM has no meaning as " co pilots" are generally not regarded as future captains but as captain shoe shiner that cannot use the foot rest cause that is captain privilege you have a bigger issue. If you add to that that they hates foreigners as they are seen as those taking their comrades place and chance to buy a villa in Bodrum or a big car or to send their kids to University you have a huge issue. If you add to that this people are still exerting their authority, as far as I know, on flight ops and management you have an incredible issue. Add to that the influence of politics, lack of competences, general language skills,nepotism, recommendations, and so one and we are talking about a third world airline embellished by commercials. The constant sequence of incidents accidents some very serious has no equivalent in first world aviation and it is just the result of the above. . Out source screening, no preferential path for air force pilots, foreign management...is the only way forward..but well Turks know it better. Still unfortunately passenger from all over the world are conned into flying THY. Thanking God I got out at the right time...

Last edited by porkflyer; 10th May 2015 at 08:15.