PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mr Skidmore Letter on Part 61 - Don’t Mention the Cost!
Old 8th May 2015, 14:32
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
---- thanks and sincere respect to VICROADS. Cheers
glenb,
Sounds just like our local NSW Roads and Maritime, where, incidentally, two former LAME, whom I have known for many years (one was a PPL student of mine) work.

Leadie the MCC seems to be problem #1. No one can do that either!
I think I made that point, in the context that there have been no (non-airline) ATPLs since Part 61 arrived, because there is no MCC course around, although I hear that there will be one shortly in SA, with a course cost for individuals of around $13,000, plus whatever your accommodation and travel will cost.

That alone makes a nonsense of the risible RIS. The best estimate one serious candidate has come up with, so far, is a bit over AUD $60,000.

As a matter of interest, what passes for the CASA idea of what MCC and two pilot operations comprise bears absolutely no relation to the practices of most airlines, or the SOPs of the likes of Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier etc, so what you "learn" in a CASA "approved" MCC course will have to be immediately unlearned at your first job where two crew are required --- unless it is a small company where CASA have imposed their ideas by requiring humungous "two pilot procedures" via the "accepted" operations manual.

Then you really need three pilots, one to look out the window and fly the aeroplane, while "the crew" carry out all the "two pilot procedures".

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 8th May 2015 at 14:47.