PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Couple forced to make emergency landing on road
Old 6th May 2015, 02:54
tipsy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple forced to make emergency landing on road

Just noticed this at Couple forced to make emergency landing on road | Sunshine Coast Daily

UPDATE: A LAKE Nash couple, who are pilots, were on their way to the Beef Australia 2015 event when they were forced to make an emergency landing near Rockhampton.

The cattle property owners, Fred and Sarah Hughes, landed their Cessna aircraft on a rural road in Stanwell, about 1.5km off the main highway between Rockhampton and Emerald (the Capricorn Hwy).

The couple are not hurt or injured.

Sarah was commanding the aircraft when an engine fail light appeared.

They were forced to land on the nearest possible road.

An engineer has been called to inspect and repair the aircraft.

Engine failure reportedly prompted the landing on the narrow Stanwell-Waroula Road, near the Capricorn Highway, about 9.45am.

An employee of the nearby Stanwell Stop service station said she was on her way to work when she came across the scene, Fairfax reported.

"It's just a little, narrow road that goes past the shop," she said.

"It's just a tiny little plane, I saw it ahead then I had to drive under the wings to get past and get to work.

"I said to the boss when I got here, 'gee you see some strange things on country roads. Coming to work I just had to drive under the wing of a plane parked on the road."

The usual as expected poor article writing but this is a new one on me!
when an engine fail light appeared
Not to mention the poor sod who
had to drive under the wings to get past and get to work
Oh well that's the 5 minutes entertainment from the press for today.

Tipsy
PS. Well done to the crew for the landing.