PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Starting. Chief seeks Pay to Fly Captains?
Old 28th Apr 2015, 14:27
Dihedral1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giggerty

1-Th Brit expats always seem more British/correct when away from home, I was listening on Kensington High Street, fully ready, would probably have gone unnoticed as being grammatically incorrect..more so in Liverpool or Yorkshire - though I concede we are supposed to be professional aviators using prescribed terminology.
2- What I have noticed, particularly in SE Asia, is guys (pardon the pun) not being absolutely (fully) ready upon line up. Just yesterday an aircraft called ready for take-off and was given an immediate take-off, upon which, the crew announced they needed 1 min So I surmise that as most of the ATC are not native English speakers the "fully" ready, is used to establish if chaps are almost ready or in a full state of readiness.

Back to the thread, yes have heard the JHK CP has ideas of setting up his own in-house P2F scheme, obviously it won't get far, unless Joyce, Ms Ho et al sign off, then again they have to find a way to recoup the $$$ lost thus far.
Surely HKCAD will have other ideas.

Last edited by Dihedral1; 29th Apr 2015 at 00:01.