PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2015, 07:38
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA and UA

Thanks logohu. Early days as you say for next winter's final schedules, let alone next summer's.

I don't recall whether UA dropped IAD to 5 x weekly as early as 5 Sep. last year or suspended that early in January. I rather think UA was supended for only 7 weeks but could be wrong. AA was gone for some weeks longer. Have to say that judging from seats available on their web site, ORD has been slow to pick up again on resumption although I realise the few weeks post Easter are not the busiest period. On JFK, I assume the take-up of the extra J class seats on the 767 (28 in the refurbished config.) compared to only 16 on the 757 will be important.

As regards UA and probably mentioned already, I see that 767s have been allocated to Madrid, Barcelona, Hamburg and Berlin for next winter instead of 757s. (two of those may have been 767s in the summer but 75s previously in the winter, but I stand to be corrected on that.) If as you say more 767s become available, it will be interesting to discover whether MAN benefits. And would UA just use a 767 for EWR?

That leaves AA/US to PHL and VS to ATL as far as current winter schedules are concerned and what frequency DL plan for JFK.

Edit: Actually, AA loads on both ORD & JFK for tomorrow look much more healthy based on seats available. Can't say the same for the PHL over the next few days, although the 20 seat J class cabin doesn't look too bad.

Last edited by MANFOD; 28th Apr 2015 at 13:31.