PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2015, 21:21
Johnny F@rt Pants

Location: Either the back of a sim, or wherever Crewing send me.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh Sean Sean Sean, your rants are becoming more and more tiresome, the same old same old over and over again.

Let's put this into some perspective, I do not believe you are correct with the doubling of the 30 pilots leaving I believe that the number is between 30-40, and there might well be a few more still to show their hand. You are correct, the majority going to jobs in the UK, that is BA, so....no real surprise, and no different, I'm sure (in fact I know), to other UK airlines. There will always be attrition when you have 600ish pilots, so those going elsewhere are no real surprise either, after all Jet2 won't suit everybody, I'm sure there are pilots at Jet2 who needed a job when they joined rather than wanted to join Jet2, and now have their opportunity to get a job where they want to be.

On the other touchy subject of the age of the aeroplanes, it has been said over and over, they might well be old, but they are constantly maintained to a high standard. Those that say they fly around with many faults are quite quite wrong, there are occasional items that are deferred, but they are few and far between, it's actually really rather infrequent to fly with deferred defects