PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct rule from Scotland?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2015, 11:16
alwayslookingup

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Ron

"The SNP leadership do not have a clue about running a country"

Little bit off the mark there. As I intimated in a post above, the SNP have actually been the Government in Scotland since 2007. In the first four years they ran as a minority govt, since 2011 they have been in majority, in a proportional system designed to ensure NO one Party should achieve a majority, but they did. So, contrary to your assertion, they have extensive experience of running a country, both as a minority government AND a majority government.

Remind me, just how much experience did Cameron/Clegg/Osborne have of running a country before 2010? And, as is looking increasingly likely, how much experience have Miliband and Co had of running a country?

Nobody ever said Independence was going to be easy, in fact it was anticipated life would potentially be worse in the initial few years. But, as has been alluded to above, at least we'd be running our own affairs, and not have the strings being pulled by banks and business interests who's personnel pay little or no tax here due to their very convenient non dom status.

Edited to say "perthsaint beat me to it"