PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 22nd Apr 2015, 08:54
foswillruletheworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK guys,
Since one of you asked about the questions sources and types i answered him. In order to avoid miscompetition i am sharing some notes i can tell so far.

I tried to go through all atpl question bank i got bored to death on the half of the first subject already. So it seems to be impossible for me to complete bristol atpl. If you have the nerves please do.
For airlaw be ready for the details of ETOPS, manuel flight plan sections, MNPS(mostly seperation), some abbrevations(AIP, AIS), seperation during take off(including intersection takeoff) and landing. You should know the obstacle clearances during the pases of approach. Transponder C modes like, 7700 emergency, 7600 com failure and 7500 hijack. What kind of warning you experience as a TCAS RA, what kind of transponder you or the intercepting aircraft should have. Airport lighting.
Meteorology is very basic. Mostly what type of clouds bring showers, precipitation, windshear. What type of cloud you opt out the possibility of icing(cirrus), cold front, warm front, some METAR and TAF questions like giving you the TAF and asking you for a certain thing(like visibility or cloud ceiling) at a certain time period. Study the definition and the conditions of CAVOK(they ask you about an aerodrome which holding a TAF can be considered CAVOK. And you should take a look at ITCZ what weather conditions you come across.
For principles of flight;
General aerodynamics, slats, mach trim, minimum drag curve, shockstall and shockwave, tuck under, dutch roll, static and dynamic stability including different parts of aircraft like how winglets or fin effect what kind of stability. Changes of EAS, CAS, IAS, TAS, Mach during descent or climb, with a blocked static port or probe.

I know i mixed some subjects like blocked ports are subject of instrument but you get the general idea

These are some of the ones i can remember so far.