PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight cancellation
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2015, 17:44
bigal1941

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up update

To put you out of your suspense, no expected text message, the flight left 26 hours later than its scheduled departure time. My suggestion that the flight crew yesterday, would have run out of flight hours by the time it reached Las Vegas after repair, was treated with disdain. But them I am a cynic and retired hack. Information was forthcoming insofar that there had been a refuelling problem, hence the delay, make that of what you will ?. We were told that there would be a second flight today to accommodate todays passengers, I looked for it on the departure boards at LGW but didn't notice it. The flight yesterday was rammed to the gunnels, so unless they delay todays flight, there would have to be a second flight to accommodate everybody. I would say that Virgin did their best, 2 meals in Witherspoons, taxis home from the airport and back again, offer of hotel accommodation in the Gatwick area, and a refund of the outbound ticket price, plus payment of the unused nights accommodation booked in Las Vegas, and Emailing the hotel concerned to confirm the rest of the trips bookings. What was a let down was the exit from Gatwick, collecting the baggage, and Customs and , 2hours for your bags to appear !!!! Obviously this can't be down to Virgin more LGW infrastructure. I wish that there had been a text first thing this morning to advise of the delay. So far 80% to Virgin and we will see what happens next.